GigFinesse, Inc. dba Someday.fm (“Someday.fm,” “Someday,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how your personal information is collected, used, and disclosed by Someday.fm. This Privacy Notice applies to our website, www.someday.fm (the “Site”) and other websites we own and operate that link to this Privacy Notice, and the related content, platform, services, products, and other functionality offered on or through our services (collectively, our “Service”).
By accessing or using our Service, you signify that you have read, understood, and agree to our collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service
. Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to our processing of information about employees or job applicants.
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain countries, regions, or states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- If you are a resident of the State of California in the United States, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents that have an established business relationship with us to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain types of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you are a resident of the State of Nevada in the United States, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Personal Information?
When we use the term “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. It does not include aggregated or deidentified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you.
Our Collection of Personal Information
From the first moment you interact with us, we are collecting personal information about you. Sometimes we collect personal information automatically when you interact with our Service and sometimes, we collect the personal information directly from you. At times, we may collect personal information about you from other sources and third parties, even before our first direct interaction.
Personal Information You Provide
We collect the following personal information you provide in connection with our Service:
- Inquiries and Other Communications: If you communicate with us through any form, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or any other personal information you choose to provide to us. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, to enhance the services we offer to our users and to manage and grow our organization.
- Other Data You Share: We also collect personal information at such other points on our Service that state that personal information is being collected so that we may provide the features or functionality for which we collected the personal information and for other purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We may also collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
We use various technologies to automatically collect certain personal information about the device or browser you use to navigate our Service, including:
- Web Logs: Our web servers keep log files that record data every time a device accesses those servers. As such, when you access this Website, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, device and connection information, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, and standard web log information.
- Location Information: We may collect general geographic location based on your IP address or more precise geolocation with your permission when accessing our online services through a mobile device.
- Cookies and Pixel Tags: We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID (that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account), and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, and other actions you take on the Service. Most internet browsers allow you to remove or manage cookie functions and adjust your privacy and security preferences. For information on how to do this, access the “help” menu on your internet browser, or access http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies. Please note, however, that disabling our cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of the Service.
- Mobile Device Identifiers: When you access our Service from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), or Google AdID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data (with your permission), including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address.
We use or may use the data collected through these technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising (see “Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising” below); © recognize and contact you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Service; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
Personal Information from Third Party Sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources, which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from you.
We receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following sources and third parties:
- Single Sign-On: We may use single sign-on (“SSO”) to allow a user to authenticate their account using one set of login information, including through Google. We will have access to certain information from those third parties in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by those third parties, which may include, for example, your name, username, email address, language preference, and profile picture. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. We may also send you service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, customer support, changes, or updates to features of the Site, technical and security notices).
- Social Media: When an individual interacts with our Service through various social media networks, such as when someone “Likes” us on Facebook or follows us or shares our content on Google, Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks, we may receive some information about individuals that they permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon an individual’s privacy settings with the social network, and may include your profile information, profile picture, gender, username, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. Individuals should always review and, if necessary, adjust their privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers: Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as analytics and certain marketing providers, collect personal information and often share some or all of this information with us. For example, we receive personal information you submit in response to requests for feedback to our feedback providers.
- Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information from other sources, including through third-party information providers, our shareholders, customers, or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. We may combine this information with other information we collect from or about you. In these cases, our Privacy Notice governs the handling of the combined personal information. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use personal information we collect to:
- Set up your account and deliver the Service to you;
- Send you transactional information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, product and services information, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and information about your transaction with us;
- Communicate with you such as to respond to your comments and questions, provide customer service or feedback, or respond to employment opportunities for which you’ve applied, or for any other purposes in connection with the Service;
- Provide you with news about products and services offered by us;
- Operate, maintain, test, enhance, update, monitor, diagnose, fix and improve our Service;
- Conduct research and analytics to understand our visitors and customers, and tailor our product offerings;
- Provide you with advertisements based on your interests and order history;
- Prevent, investigate or provide notice of fraud or unlawful or criminal activity, unauthorized access to or use of personal information, our data system services, and to meet governmental and institutional policy obligations;
- Enforce and carry out contracts and agreements with our customers;
- Investigate and resolve disputes and security issues and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- Comply with legal obligations; and
- For any other lawful, legitimate business purpose.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information in the following ways:
To Service Providers: We may share personal information with third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include email marketing and customer service providers. Depending on the function the third party serves, the service provider may process personal information on our behalf or have access to personal information while performing functions on our behalf.
To Other Businesses as Needed to Provide the Service: We may share personal information with third parties that you engage with through our Service or as needed to fulfill a request or transaction including, for example, payment processing services.
Advertisers and Publishers: We engage in advertising both on our Service and through third-party services. Advertisers and publishers may share personal information with us in connection with our advertising efforts. For example, we may obtain information about whether an advertisement on our Service led to a successful engagement between an you and a third-party advertiser.
Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third-party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
Affiliates: We may share personal information with other companies owned or controlled by Someday.fm, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Someday.fm, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns, particularly when we collaborate in providing the Services.
Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
to protect the rights and property of us, our agents, customers, and others, including to enforce our agreements, policies, and terms of service;
to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us;
to protect the health and safety of us, our customers, or any person; or
as otherwise required by applicable law.
Consent: We may disclose personal information about you to certain other third parties with your consent.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
We participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your online browsing history and your interests. We permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third-party services to collect information about your use of our Service over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other websites, apps, or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. We may share a common account identifier (such as an e-mail address or user ID) or hashed data with our third-party advertising partners to help identify you across devices. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) resources and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”)’s online resources, at http://www.aboutads.info/choices
, and you can opt out of receiving some interest-based advertisements on mobile apps by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices
. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by turning off “personalized ads” (iOS) or selecting “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt out of some – but not all – interest-based advertising served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices
and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
Please note that some advertising opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers, or delete the opt-out cookies, you may need to perform the opt-out task again.
Google Analytics and Advertising:
We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our site or Service on your browser, log in to your account on our Service, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed e-mail address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Service and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences
, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
Control Over Your Information
- Modifying Account Information. If you have an account for our Service, you have the ability to modify certain information in your account (e.g., your contact information and communication preferences) through the account setting page or a similar option provided on the Service. If you have any questions about modifying or updating any information in your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
- How to Control Your Email Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications or by adjusting your notification settings in the user settings page. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- How to Control Your SMS Text Messages Preferences. If you opted-in to our SMS text messaging program, you may opt-out of receiving text messages at any time. To unsubscribe from receiving SMS texts, please reply “STOP” to one of our SMS texts. You may also be able to change your SMS text preferences within your Someday.fm account settings. Note that if you unsubscribe from receiving text messages, we may still send you certain transactional text messages about your account or any services you have requested or receive from us (e.g., account verification, purchase confirmation or technical and security notices). For more information, please see our Terms of Service.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Service are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13, and we do not intend to collect such information. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our Service or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information, we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
Our Service may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Except where we post, link to or expressly adopt or refer to this Privacy Notice, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on our Service, or through another reasonable method. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.